Responder and community safety are critical when analyzing potentially hazardous materials. Military and civilian first responders need to quickly identify unknown solid and liquid chemicals down range including explosives, toxic industrial chemicals, chemical weapons, narcotics, precursors, white powders and more. The Thermo Scientific™ FirstDefender™ RMX Handheld Chemical Identification Analyzer can be used as a handheld instrument or integrated onto a tactical robot, providing more flexibility and increased safety in incident response situations that call for rapid, accurate chemical identification.
FirstDefender RMX Handheld Chemical Identification Analyzer is an all-optical Raman system designed for use by first responders, homeland security, military, law enforcement and forensic chemistry personnel.
Fast, Accurate Identification
Quickly identifies unknown solid and liquid chemicals.
Built for Field Use
MIL-STD-810G and IP67 tested and certified.
Improved Automatic Mixture Analysis
Sophisticated algorithms automatically determine presence of mixed and contaminated chemicals.
Operates directly through sealed glass or plastic containers, avoiding exposure to potentially harmful substances.
Extensive Substance Library
FirstDefender RMX portable chemistry analyzer Identifies explosives, toxic industrial chemicals (TICs), chemical warfare agents (CWAs), narcotics, precursors, white powders and more.
- Flexible use modes: handheld point-and-shoot with fixed probe, mount to select tactical robots, or integrated vial mode.
- Menu driven user interface requires minimal training.
- No scheduled maintenance or calibration.
- Non-destructive testing maintains sample integrity.
- Powered using rechargeable battery; wall plug; or 123a disposable batteries.
- Fully operable over a wide temperature range -4° to +122°F (-20° to +50 °C).
- Integrated NIOSH and CAMEO database provides detailed hazard data on scene.
- 24/7 technical and reachback support provided for all units.