For the purposes of applicable data protection law, we, the business unit responsible for processing your personal data, are the controller of any personal information collected from you on this website or otherwise for conducting or developing our business with you.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit our company’s website (www.asteriadis.gr), our server automatically collects certain browser or device generated information, including but not limited to your:
- IP address.
- Date, time and duration of your visit.
- Browser type.
- Operating system.
- Page visits in this website only.
We do not use this automatically collected information to try to identify you, neither have we associated it with the information you provide voluntarily.
Information You Provide
In using our company’s website (www.asteriadis.gr) in order to conduct business with us or seeking to conduct business with us, you may voluntarily provide personal information to us in the following ways:
- By filling in forms (for example, a ‘Contact Us’ form), on our company’s website or at a trade show or anywhere else we conduct business.
- By downloading documentation from our company’s website.
- By corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise using our contact details.
- By applying for a job, work placement or internship.
Typically, the personal information you give us may include your name, company name, your address, e-mail address, phone number, and any personal details required to resolve any enquiries or complaints. This information is required to enter into a contract with you (such as in anticipation of an employment contract or a purchase agreement or the provision of services such as the download of information from our website) and failure to provide any information, may result in our inability to provide requested services or products or consider your application for employment.
Information We Obtain from Third Parties
We do not obtain information about you and the company you work for from third parties, as social media and data augmentation services.
Use of Personal Information
The following is an overview of our purposes for using your personal information. Please remember that additional details on how we process your personal information may be provided to you in a separate notice or contract.
All processing (i.e. use) of your personal information is justified by a “condition” for processing. In the majority of cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
- You have consented to the processing.
- The processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take the necessary steps to enter into a contract procedure.
- The processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation.
- The processing is in our legitimate interests, subject to your interests and fundamental rights, and notably our legitimate interest in using suppler for you, in order to conduct and develop our business activities with you.
We use the personal information we collect to:
- Conduct and develop our business with you.
- Improve our products and services generally.
- Provide you with documentation or communications which you have requested.
- Correspond with users to resolve their queries or complaints.
- Manage recruitment, work placement or internship process, and making offers.
- Provide you with any services or products you request.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not transfer your information to third parties.
We may only respond to requests for information where required to do so by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, request from a regulator or any other legal process served on us.
Marketing & emails
We do not perform general marketing communications, i.e. newsletters etc.
Where lawful to do so, and subject to your consent where required, we may communicate with you by email to tell you about our products and services. If you wish to opt-out of receiving e-mails from us, please use the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided in our emails or otherwise contact us directly through the Contact Us link and we will stop communicate with you.
Profiling for marketing purposes
The purpose of any profiling is email content that we provide to you, to have high relevancy and, or applicability to the company that you represent. To achieve this, we use the information you have provided and responses to our emails (Information you provide). Based on this information we then tailor the email content to better match the requirements and interests of the company you represent. The described processing is based on our legitimate interest (Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR).
We use data storage and security techniques to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss. However, it is important to remember that no website can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorized or unintended access that is beyond our control.
Retention of your Information
We apply a general rule of keeping personal information only for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances we may retain personal information for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements.
In specific circumstances we may also retain your personal information for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges.
This website may contain links to third party sites. Since we do not control nor are we responsible for the privacy practices of those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third-party sites.
Subject to applicable law, you may have some or all of the following rights in respect of your personal information:
- To obtain a copy of your personal information together with information about how and on what basis that personal information is processed.
- To rectify inaccurate personal information (including the right to have incomplete personal information completed).
- To erase your personal information (in limited circumstances, where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed).
- To restrict processing of your personal information where:
o The accuracy of the personal information is contested.
o The processing is unlawful but you object to the erasure of the personal information.
o We no longer require the personal information, but it is still required for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
- To port your data in machine-readable format to a third party, or to you, when we justify our processing on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract with you.
- To withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (where that processing is based on your consent).
- To object to decisions which are based solely on automated processing or profiling.
- In addition to the above rights, you have the right to object to any processing of your information which we have justified based on a legitimate interest, including profiling (as opposed to your consent, or to perform a contract with you). You also have the right to object to any processing of your information for direct marketing purposes, including profiling for marketing purposes.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection.
In relation to all these rights, please contact us using the Contact Us link. Please note that we may request proof of identity, and we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will endeavour to respond to your request within all applicable timeframes.
If you have any questions in relation to this policy or you wish to exercise any of your rights, please click here to submit your request.