As chemical identification becomes more complex, the need for non-contact, non-destructive analysis is greater than ever. The Thermo Scientific™ FirstDefender™ RM Chemical Identification System enables hazmat, law enforcement, military and other first responders to obtain accurate identification of chemicals, explosives and hazardous materials in seconds, even through sealed translucent containers. The FirstDefender RM handheld analyzer includes a large, vivid display for ease of use in bulky protective gear and can be easily transported into a hazard zone.
The FirstDefender RM Chemical Identification System is an all-optical Raman system designed for use by first responders, homeland security, military, law enforcement and forensic chemistry personnel.
Fast, Accurate Identification
Quickly identifies unknown solid and liquid chemicals.
Built for Field Use
MIL-STD-810G and IP67 tested and certified.
Improved Automatic Mixture Analysis
Sophisticated algorithms automatically determine presence of mixed and contaminated chemicals.
Operates directly through sealed glass or plastic containers, avoiding exposure to potentially harmful substances.
Extensive Substance Library
Identifies explosives, toxic industrial chemicals (TICs), chemical warfare agents (CWAs), narcotics, precursors, white powders and more.
- Menu driven user interface requires minimal training.
- No scheduled maintenance or calibration.
- Non-destructive testing maintains sample integrity.
- Powered using rechargeable battery; wall plug; or 123a disposable batteries.
- Fully operable over a wide temperature range −4° to +122°F (−20° to +50°C).
- Integrated NIOSH and CAMEO database provides detailed hazard data on scene.
- 24/7 technical and reachback support provided for all units.