Powered by best-in-class robotic automation, Centri’s modular design gives unrivalled flexibility for unattended, rapid and efficient extraction and enrichment of VOCs and SVOCs. Offering four sampling modes, Centri gives maximum versatility for liquid, solid and gaseous samples. Innovation lies at the heart of Centri. Incorporating Markes’ unique cryogen-free focusing trap technology, Centri optimises analytical sensitivity, and enhances the quality of information obtained from GC–MS. Whichever major brand of GC–MS you’re using, the Centri sample extraction & enrichment platform lets you discover more and deliver more.
Who uses Centri?
Centri is ideal for environmental, food, fragrance and clinical laboratories who:
- Struggle with time-consuming manual sample preparation such as liquid–liquid extraction and SPE, and want to replace these with automated high-capacity sorptive extraction, thermal desorption, headspace or SPME techniques.
- Need improved sensitivity for the analysis of organic species in solids or liquids.
- Want to run many different GC–MS analyses on one platform, using various injection techniques and workflows.
- Improve performance – Achieve ppt-level sensitivity for VOCs and SVOCs by cryogen-free analyte trapping.
- Improve versatility – Analyse VOCs and SVOCs over a wide concentration range in liquid, solid and gaseous samples.
- Improve sample throughput – Benefit from Centri’s ability to run integrated sequences of multiple sampling techniques and run in ‘overlap’ mode, for unattended operation all weekend.
- Peace of mind – Future-proof your lab with a wide range of sampling options.
|SPME and SPME–trap – Fast and sensitive sample extraction, with a range of fibre types offering analyte selectivity.||HiSorb™ high-capacity sorptive extraction– Robust, fully automated probe-based immersive or headspace sampling from liquids and solids.|
|Headspace and Headspace–trap – Versatile sampling from solids and liquids contained in regular headspace vials.||Thermal desorption – Using industry-standard tubes to analyse VOCs and SVOCs in air, or released from materials.|
- Cryogen-free analyte trapping increases sensitivity and allows water and solvents to be selectively purged.
- Re-collection of split flows, available with every injection mode, avoids having to repeat lengthy sample extraction procedures, and enables storage and re-analysis at a later date.
- Market-leading robotics and 50-tube TD autosampler reliably automate all operations.
- Barcode readers and RFID TubeTAGs allow samples to be easily tracked, for a complete chain of custody from the original sample to the re-collected aliquot.
- Cryogen-free and solvent-free operation reduces cost per sample and is more environmentally friendly than conventional tedious manual sample preparation techniques.