Quick and Easy Measurement Without Sample Preparation
Direct Probe Ionization-MS
- Measure Samples Directly, Quickly, and Easily with PESI Unit
- Use Both Modes by Switching Easily Between ESI and PESI Units
Features of PESI (Probe Electrospray Ionization)
- Perform MS analysis directly on the sample.
- Suitable for thermally labile compounds, no direct heat applied.
- Highly resistant to MS contamination, even with complex matrices
DPiMS™ Can Be Used in Diverse Fields
Measures a Wide Variety of Samples
- Body fluids, such as blood or urine
- Tissue sections, such as from laboratory animals or foods
- Plant materials, such as vegetables and fruits
Applicable for a Wide Variety of Objectives
- Detecting biological components
- Detecting materials for chemical products
- Detecting drugs, poisons, etc.
Measure a Variety of Samples with Only Simple Pretreatment
Rapid and Easy Drug Detection in Forensic Samples.
- Place a piece of each organ on a biological sample plate and add 50 % ethanol (35 μL).
- Detection is possible by on-plate MRM / Product Ion Scan analysis.
Metabolomic Analysis Performed Easily
by Transferring LCMS Analytical Conditions to DPiMS Unit
In this example, transition information for metabolites (26 components) such as amino acids, organic acids, and sugars were used for metabolomic analysis of mouse livers. Metabolomes can be analyzed easily by customizing some of the analytical conditions in the LCMS primary metabolite method package. The DPiMS-8060 system was used to measure the principal components in the model mouse group with acute liver damage induced by carbon tetrachloride and the control group. A significant difference was observed between model and control groups (given p < 0.001 for Welch’s t-test), based on the significant contribution of taurine to the separation of groups in the PCA loading plot. The difference was verified with a box-whisker plot.
PESI MS Solution Software
PESI MS Solution software is used to control the probe, edit MS method files, and start measurements.
Scan range and SIM settings are specified via the method editing window in LabSolutions™ LCMS software. Analysis can be started easily by selecting the probe control mode and MS method in PESI MS Solution. During analysis, the status can be confirmed in the LabSolutions LCMS window.
Enables Use of LC/MS/MS Method Package
The DPiMS-8060 system uses a direct analysis method that does not involve liquid chromatography using probe electrospray ionization. MRM parameters can be specified based on transition information included in the LC/MS/MS method package.
Consequently, methods can be created easily using an Excel template. A key feature of PESI is the easy process flow from pretreatment to measurement. For more detailed analysis, the ionization unit can be replaced with the ESI unit for measurements as an LC/MS/MS system.
Analysis System with No Carryover
Only a tiny amount of sample attaches to the probe during each sampling, reducing the risk of contamination inside the mass spectrometer to near zero.
Carryover can even be prevented by changing probes.
Even concentrated samples or samples of unknown concentration can be measured directly without pretreatment.
Mass Spectra After Repeatedly Switching Between Measuring PPGT and Blank Samples (PPGT 10 mg/mL)