Mimicking nature’s redox reactions
- Fast synthesis of metabolites (µ-preparative)
- Rapid risk assessments of drug-protein binding
- Signal enhancement in MS
- Electrochemical cleavage of proteins/peptides
- Reduction of disulfide bonds
- Oxidative stress/damage of proteins, DNA, lipids, etc.
The on-line coupling of Electrochemistry (EC) with LC/MS has shown great potential for the investigation of drug metabolism. It offers fast electrochemical synthesis of drug metabolites for reliable quantification by mass spectrometry (MS) to be operated as a high throughput screening system. The ROXY EC system and the ROXY EC/LC system provide all the tools for EC/MS research.